A Handy Checklist for Maintaining Your RV
BEFORE AND DURING USE
• Check all gas and water lines for wear and leaks.
• Check the brakes for wear.
• Ensure the roof is properly sealed against moisture.
• Inspect all leaf springs for cracks and repair as necessary.
• Look over tires for weather cracking and irregular wear.
• Check cooling systems (including hoses and belts for wear).
• Clean the RV thoroughly before putting it away.
• Lubricate all door hinges with grease.
• Place mothballs inside, to keep rodents at bay.
• Drain all water tanks, blow out water lines and add RV anti-freeze (but bypass the hot‑water and fresh‑water tanks to avoid getting a taste in the water).
• Use a battery tender to prevent batteries from discharging and freezing.