Soar to new flavour heights this Thanksgiving with recipes from some of AMA’s Backyard BBQ partners:
• Start with a warm, yet light Green Split Pea and Cauliflower Soup, as recommended by Alberta Pulses.
• Cook your turkey outdoors and save room in your oven for some of your other dishes. This Spiced Smoker Turkey with Pomegranate Butter incorporates some great fall flavours. Or if you prefer to cook your bird on the BBQ, you can use the instructions from this recipe. (Not sure what size turkey you need? This Whole Turkey Calculator can help!)
• As for side dishes, Cranberry and Caramelized Onion Stuffing, Alberta Milk’s Golden Gruyére Gratin Potatoes and Harvest Golden Acorn Squash incorporate those autumn tastes.
• Don’t forget the cranberry sauce and gravy!
• If you want a change from the traditional pumpkin pie, the Egg Farmers of Alberta suggest these Maple Walnut Tarts to finish off the meal on a sweet note.
Discover even more recipes from our Backyard BBQ community—for whatever you’re cooking up today:
Beef | Poultry | Pork | Seafood | Side Dishes | Desserts | More
Visit AMA’s Backyard BBQ partners to pick up all your barbecue needs.