Looking for something new to throw on the barbie this weekend?
We’ve got you covered!
Every week, we’re sharing the most delectable, tried-and-true recipes shared on AMA’s Backyard BBQ, plus some fresh ideas from local partners.
THIS WEEK’S TOP 5 RECIPES
• Community members shared so many juicy recipes for National Burger Day (May 28), but none were as popular as Arnie’s homemade jalapeño cream cheese-stuffed burger. It’s ooey-gooey good—perfect for a hot summer night on the ’cue.
• Whip up this chickpea pasta salad from the Alberta Pulse Growers. With fresh veggies and feta, it’s a tangy side for any grilled fare. Got leftovers? The hearty salad doubles as lunch the next day.
• Is there anything better than crispy chicken hot off the grill? We think not! Roberta’s weekend barbecue features her flavourful fowl recipe—plus all the fixins like spinach salad, hash browns and garlic toast!
• Anywhere you go, people love food on a stick. Bring the crowd-pleasing fun to your backyard with Lindsay’s grilled kielbasa kabobs. With savoury sausage, juicy pineapple and crunchy peppers, they’re truly “on point!”
• Who says burgers need to be beef? This turkey burger with Asian slaw from Thistle Hill Farms racked up likes this week and it’s easy to see why. Made with ground turkey, spinach, onion, the panko-crusted burger bursts with flavour in every bite, while the zesty cabbage slaw makes the perfect accompaniment.
Check back next Thursday for more fresh recipes!