We’ve reached midsummer—and you’re now a grilling master, right? We’re here to test your skills and light your culinary fire with even more favourite recipes from our AMA Backyard BBQ community members and partners.
THIS WEEK’S TOP RECIPES
• We’re ever so jealous of the caramelization that Michelle managed to get on her saucy smoked ribs.
• Grilled poultry stays moist—and gets herbaceous—with this recipe for bacon-wrapped sage chicken courtesy of Backyard BBQ partner Mocha Local. Don’t forget the roast potato and asparagus sides!
• Wanda (and Savour Calgary) got our mouths watering with her take on shawarma-spiced Alberta beef burgers, drizzled with a tahini and garlic yogurt sauce.
• Alberta beef can be an option even if you’re craving a lighter meal. Exhibit A: These tangy grilled Hawaiian beef kabobs, with bites of honey-slathered steak, pineapple and sweet red peppers.
• Tyler worked some magic on his charcoal grill—and ended up with a batch of smoked chicken wings, slathered in homemade honey-garlic and “mild hot” sauces.
• Vegetable stems and stalks tend to be underutilized in most people’s kitchens, but this recipe for carrot-top pesto, courtesy of Backyard BBQ partner YYC Growers, shows that even humble carrot greens can be a star ingredient.
• The Egg Farmers of Alberta, another one of our Backyard BBQ partners, drew our attention to this delectable warm bacon and egg dill potato salad, a perfect family-style side for your next barbecue meal.
• Speaking of salad, this simple grilled watermelon salad from Janice Smella also makes a colourful statement.
• An umami-forward marinade brought out the flavours of the AAA Alberta rib-eye steaks that Misty recently grilled (and then devoured).
• Looking for a just-sweet-enough accompaniment for barbecued pork tenderloin? Linda’s grilled apple and pear slices (finished with malt vinegar and smoked sea salt) are just the ticket.
• Pro tip: Make a dozen of Backyard BBQ partner Jordan’s General Store’s beef and melted cheese sliders for a barbecue lunch and you’ll enough to savour again at dinnertime!
SHOW US YOUR STUFF!
We want photos of you (or a family member) cooking up a storm on the barbecue! Post them on AMA’s Backyard BBQ or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured in an issue of AMA Insider magazine. Happy snapping—and grilling!
Visit AMA’s Backyard BBQ partners to pick up all your barbecue needs.