Before those first flakes fall, make sure your ride is ready for winter roads. To get you started, AMA will host Car Care events in Edmonton (Sept. 17), Red Deer (Sept. 18) and Calgary (Oct. 2). Our auto experts will test your battery, check the block heater and windshield wipers, top-up washer fluid, and inspect tire treads and pressure. Free for AMA members. Not a member yet? Join today to keep your wheels in tip-top shape.
Did You Know?
An extended warranty keeps your car on the road longer. AMA members save $125 on a warranty.
Traveller’s Cheques & Cash Passports
Effective Oct. 1, AMA will no longer sell traveller’s cheques or MasterCard Cash Passports. With so many options available today to access your cash when you’re far from home, there’s not as much demand for these as there once was. But don’t worry: Cheques already purchased don’t expire and can be used after this date. Existing Passports can also be swiped until funds are used. Active MasterCard Cash Passport holders will soon be contacted directly to discuss their options. And don’t forget: AMA offers other ways to satisfy your travel-money needs, such as foreign currency purchases. Visit AMATravel.ca or call 1-888-799-1522 for further details.
Goin’ to the Chapel
AMA is there for you to help your big day run smoothly, with event liability insurance, destination wedding planning, honeymoon travel advice, marriage licences and discounts on flowers. Look for us at major bridal shows throughout the province this season. Grooms can also save at our new AMARewards partner, Derks Formals in Edmonton and Calgary.
AMA School Safety Patrol
AMA’s School Safety Patrol has earned Grande Prairie’s top honour: The Bill Bowes Volunteer Organization of the Year Award. Created in 2010, the award is given to those who’ve had a direct, positive effect on area residents. Shelley Biendarra, regional coordinator of the AMA School Safety Patrol in Grande Prairie, nominated her young group of volunteers. Mayor Bill Given, a former patroller himself, presented the award to Biendarra on behalf of the patrol.
If you’re a newcomer to Alberta with some experience behind the wheel, AMA’s new Safe Performance Value Program may be for you. It focuses on learning the rules of the road, with less in-car instruction than other AMA offerings. For even more flexibility, you can choose from classroom learning or online study. Members: $399 Non-members: $479
Dinner and a Show
Jubilations dinner theatre dishes up farces with four-course feasts. You can bebop to Rock Around the Clock (Calgary) or get your geek on at The Big Boom Theory 3 (Edmonton). Save over $20—and earn $5 in reward dollars—on general admission tickets purchased at AMA centres in Edmonton, Calgary, Camrose, Sherwood Park or St. Albert.
In the Cards
Your membership card is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to saving. Maximize discounts and benefits with these cards:
• AMA membership card: Earn rewards and savings at AMARewards partners across Alberta and online with eStore partners.
• CAA Rewards MasterCard: Earn 1% in reward dollars on eligible purchases; earn twice by showing your AMA membership card at select partners.
• Reloadable Esso Gas Card: Earn 2% in reward dollars on the purchase amount, plus 2% every time you reload it (buy it with your CAA Rewards MasterCard to earn more reward dollars).
• Ultimate Dining Card: Earn 4% in reward dollars on the purchase amount, plus 4% when you reload it. Enjoy extra savings by using the card at Montana’s, Swiss Chalet, Milestones, Harvey’s, East Side Mario’s and Fionn MacCool’s.
• AMA gift card: Use it to buy AMA products and services.
Get in Gear
Don’t forget to renew your vehicle registration. It will expire in:
• September: last name beginning F, Po, T
• October: last name beginning S (except Sc, Sz)
• November: last name beginning K, P (except Ke and Po)
Sign up for AMA Vehicle Registration Auto-Renew to ensure you don’t miss out.