We’ve had a bit of a cold snap over the last few days, but fret not: summer’s warmth is forecast to return next week. And sunny skies and balmy weather means more opportunities for outdoor grilling! Here’s our latest batch of favourite barbecue recipes for you to try.
THIS WEEK’S TOP RECIPES
• Backyard BBQ’er Jane gave her sirloin burgers a bit of southwestern kick with Bobby Flay’s peanut chipotle barbecue sauce—plus a tangy chipotle, cheddar and cabbage slaw on the side.
• Another super side dish: a nutrient-packed kale, pea and spinach pasta salad with Italian vinaigrette, courtesy of AMA Backyard BBQ partner 2BK Vegetable Farm.
• Looking for a perfect way to end your week? Erinn suggests twice-baked potatoes and broccoli salad. Oh, and an Alberta steak and local corn on the cob, to boot!
• Got a big basil plant in your backyard or kitchen garden? Teresa used hers—along with some fresh tomatoes—for a traditional bruschetta topping. Then other members chimed in with their basil-y faves, from Italian drunken noodles to lemon-basil chicken.
• Grilling kabobs can be a bit finicky, but Savour Calgary’s recipe for lemongrass beef satay skewers with rice noodles (shared by Backyard BBQ member Wanda) are sure to reward your efforts.
• Finish off any backyard barbecue with a bang, with Janice’s delectable amaretto Saskatoon berry tart—made with locally harvested berries, of course.
SHOW US YOUR STUFF!
We want photos of you (or a family member) cooking up a storm on the barbecue! Post them on AMA’s Backyard BBQ or email them to email@example.com and you could be featured in an issue of AMA Insider magazine. Happy snapping—and grilling!
Visit AMA’s Backyard BBQ partners to pick up all your barbecue needs.